Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jhamed
Regular Visitor

Migrating a semantic model from the tenant of one organization to the tenant of another

Greetings,
I am currently in the process of acquiring a dataset and reports from an organization.  Does anyone know if possible how to migrate the semantic model from the tenant of one organization to the tenant of another organization?

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated...thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Jhamed 

Simply download the pbix file from one Tenant and publish it to the other tenant.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Jhamed ,

As aj1973 mentioned above .There is no direct method to migrate Power BI Service content to different tenant unless you download .pbix file from power bi service, re-publish them to a new tenant Power BI Service and re-configure gateways for them if needed.

If you have a very large list of reports or tenants to manage, you can use PowerShell or the PowerBI REST API for automation, but it might be very complex, see TenantManagement/README.md at main · PowerBiDevCamp/TenantManagement · GitHub

A workaround is to invite users to your tenant as guest users with appropriate permissions, and you can add them to the same group for easy management.

Distribute content to external guest users with Microsoft Entra B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

About Microsoft 365 migration, perhaps you can refer this blog:

Microsoft 365 Tenant to Tenant Migration 

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Thank you for the response!

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Jhamed 

Simply download the pbix file from one Tenant and publish it to the other tenant.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors