Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pceglie
Resolver I
Resolver I

Microsoft 365 usage analytics in PowerBI - no data in User Activity page

Hello everyone, at the end of all the operations described here, I cannot see any data in the "User Activity" section. Going to explore the datamodel I observe that the datatable UserActivity is empty. Instead, all other pages in the report return correct data. I don't think it's a permission problem because my user is "Report Reader" and in fact from "Microsoft 365 admin center" I can see everything. In addition, the Admin Center explicitly states that the Microsoft usage analytics data are ready to be viewed in PowerBI.

Capture.PNG
Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks

P.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, 

We recently noticed this issue. We have not made any changes as far as I know, but this dashboard now does no longer present any data. The dashboard was created about two-three months ago. 

Any thoughts? Thanks 🙂 

TechNick

Tenant level aggregates will be available in all reports. User-level details will only become available after the 1st or 15th day of the calendar month after opting in. This will impact all reports under User Activity (See Navigate and utilize the reports in Microsoft 365 usage analytics for tips on how to view and use these reports).

Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/usage-analytics/enable-usage-analytics?view=o36...

HuanYang
Regular Visitor

@pceglie, the same issue happen to me, no data in User Activity page. How to fix it? any suggestions?

Hi @HuanYang , in fact, a few days later it worked perfectly.

Wait 2 or 3 days and retry, maybe it works.

Regards

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@pceglie@ali1hamed 

As a work-around, please download the PBIT file from the url.

Please evaluate with the right credentials and publish it.

If you have any queries, please let us know.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

BR
Venal.

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @pceglie 

I wonder if users have Power BI pro license or the shared content is in Premium capacity. Power BI licensing requires that both the user sharing and the user with whom a dashboard is shared have Power BI Pro or Power BI Premium. No matter which way of sharing you choose, to share your content you need a Power BI Pro license, or the content needs to be in a Premium capacity.

For further information, you may refer to the document .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-alq-msft and thanks for your reply.

All users have PRO license and I'm not sharing dataset with anyone.

Anu other suggestions?

Thanks,

P.

i am facing the same issue, the user activity section is empty, 

we have power BI pro

thanks

The error seems to have solved itself. They will have done some work in Microsoft.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors