Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

m_cherriman
Advocate I
Advocate I

Measures assigned to a measures table in lakehouse have dissapeared or returned to original table

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong forum.

I'm playing around in Fabric and built out a dashboard using tables created in my lakehouse.  The tables were created by uploading CSVs and then transforming them using notebooks.  Once I had the tables I created the connections in the SQL endpoint and created a number of measures on 2 of the tables and started to build out my dashboard.  I like to have a separate table for my measures so I can find them easily so created a new table and moved my existing measures there and then created some more.  I was then able to complete my dashboard and analysis.

This morning when I've gone back to the dashboard I have errors all over the place saying measures do not exist.  When looking at the data model I can see that my measure table is empty.  Some of the measures have returned to their original table and some have dissapeared entirely.

Since yesterday I updated one of my data tables by adding a couple of columns, while I didn't drop the table I did have to overwrite the schema.  However, I have tried to recreate this by adding measures to my measure table, running the same code and this hasn't impacted those measures.

Has anyone else seen this?

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The home table of a measure is just a cosmetic convenience, it has no technical meaning. A disappearing measure however is concerning. If you have a Pro license you can open a Pro ticket at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/newsupportticket/powerbi - otherwise you can raise an issue at https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues .

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors