Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tamati
Frequent Visitor

Map chart not accurate, Bing maps

Not sure if this is just me thats being affected but I find that bing maps is not accurate in my region. When I plot my data (Latitude, Longitude) which is collected from GPS devices in vehicles the points on the map are way off. showing they are in water and off road. At first I suspected it may be due to rounding the values but this is not. I manually plotted the data on Google maps in browser and the points were accurate. I then used Bing Maps in browser and plotted them and it was off. 

Search for "Cook Islands Rarotonga" on Bing Maps and notice that points such as Resorts or Churches on the western side of the island are pointed in the water.

So question: Is there a work around or fix available for me? Was hoping I could simply change the Map to google maps.

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@tamati

You can try with workaround provided by ankitpatira and vote the idea here.

Best Regards,

Herbert

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@tamati There is no way currently to render Google Maps in power bi but what you can do is for your list of addresses query them to google maps api which will give you lat long values for those and plot them on Bing maps but you can't actually render them on Google Maps. Check out this post about using Goole Maps API in power bi.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors