Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

paulschneller
Helper I
Helper I

Integrate MS Lists in Power BI - not all columns shown

I have a list in MS Lists. I want to make a quick Power BI report with the "Integrate" function. I have done this before and it work flawlessly on other Lists.

However I ran into an problem with a new list. This one has a lot of columns. Here you can see a few of them:

paulschneller_0-1682499883608.png

If I use the integrate function I only get very few columns:

paulschneller_1-1682499935766.png

It is impossible to make useful graphs with that few columns. I have found no way to add columns myself. What am I missing here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, I know. I can't use it in this instance, because I want to share it with the Team that uses the list and they need easy access to the report.

However I found a solution: The data in the quick report takes all the columns from the standard view of the list. I had to add the columns I need to the standard view and now it works as I need it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @paulschneller ,

You may already know this but the best way to get MS Lists data is to use the SharePoint connector.  Specifically "Remember, you need only your SharePoint address. If you copy the /Lists component and/or the name of the open list, Power BI will return an error."  from this article: How to use Microsoft Lists with Power BI | TechRepublic

Here is a video on it as well:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOWxvT5XLoc&feature=youtu.be

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Thanks, I know. I can't use it in this instance, because I want to share it with the Team that uses the list and they need easy access to the report.

However I found a solution: The data in the quick report takes all the columns from the standard view of the list. I had to add the columns I need to the standard view and now it works as I need it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors