Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

anoniem
Frequent Visitor

How do I link the last refresh date in my report to the last refresh in Power BI Service?

How do I link the last refresh date in my published report to the last refresh time stamp in Power BI Service?

I am only able to update the last refresh date in Power BI Desktop, but the last refresh date does not work when the report is published to the Power BI Service.

Note that the timestamps differ in the screenshots below, because they were taken at different moments, but my aim is to get the score card in the published report to be the same as the manual/scheduled refresh in Power Bi Service.

Thank you

My scorecard of the last refresh in Power BI Desktop:

anoniem_3-1661513922781.png

My scorecard of the last refresh in Power BI Service:

anoniem_6-1661514274320.png

Last refresh in Power BI Service: 

anoniem_5-1661514216516.png

The table:

anoniem_2-1661513905032.png

The measure:

anoniem_4-1661513964846.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You are solving the wrong problem.  Neither of these timestamps has much relevance.  What you want to focus on is showing the last modified date of your actual data.

Both Power BI Desktop and service will happily refresh your old data over and over again. They will make your users think that the data is current when it may not be at all.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You are solving the wrong problem.  Neither of these timestamps has much relevance.  What you want to focus on is showing the last modified date of your actual data.

Both Power BI Desktop and service will happily refresh your old data over and over again. They will make your users think that the data is current when it may not be at all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors