Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Cathryn
Helper III
Helper III

How do I get reports distributed by an employee that is no longer with company

Hi All

I started with a company that had some reports/dashboards shared by the previous person in my position.  I have people requesting access to these reports but I can't see the requests because I don't own the dashboards.  

How can I transfer ownership of all reports that are out there under this person? 

I don't have the original pbix file

Thanks

Cathryn

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Cathryn

If the dashboards were shared from the previous persons "My Workspace" in Power BI, my only suggestion would be is for your IT department to reset the accounts password, and then let you log in as that person.

You can use this link below to see how to log in with multiple users using Google Chrome

https://guyinacube.com/2017/03/multiple-sign-ins-using-chrome-power-bi-office-365/ 

Then once you have logged in you can open the required reports, click on File and then Download Report

export-to-pbix_1a

I would then also suggest storing the reports or PBIX files in a central location.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Cathryn

If those dashboards/reports are directly shared by that person, no other people can edit those reports. So you have to log in with his account to download those .pbix copies, then re-publish with your account as @GilbertQ suggested. 

I suggest you always publish those "shared" reports into a Group so that all Group administrators can edit those reports.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Cathryn

If those dashboards/reports are directly shared by that person, no other people can edit those reports. So you have to log in with his account to download those .pbix copies, then re-publish with your account as @GilbertQ suggested. 

I suggest you always publish those "shared" reports into a Group so that all Group administrators can edit those reports.

Regards,

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Cathryn

If the dashboards were shared from the previous persons "My Workspace" in Power BI, my only suggestion would be is for your IT department to reset the accounts password, and then let you log in as that person.

You can use this link below to see how to log in with multiple users using Google Chrome

https://guyinacube.com/2017/03/multiple-sign-ins-using-chrome-power-bi-office-365/ 

Then once you have logged in you can open the required reports, click on File and then Download Report

export-to-pbix_1a

I would then also suggest storing the reports or PBIX files in a central location.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors