Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

divyaaggarwalbA
Frequent Visitor

Google Analytics with Power BI for two different websites

Hi All,

I a trying to retrive data from Google analytics for two different websites for two saparate reports.

Both the Analytics accounts have different credentials. Although it seems Power BI lets me to refresh only one of the report at a time.

It throws out error "The key didn't match any rows in the table." which seems like its trying to pickup data sets from the Website which shouldn't be.

Is there any work around that both the report could be on Scheduled refresh without getting the above error. As of now I have to Manual refresh either of the reports by providing credentials again.

TIA

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am having the same issue have you found an answer? 

Thanks Craig.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @divyaaggarwalbA ,

It doesn't seem to be a problem.

I have found a similiar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Issue with data source credentials Google Analytics 

• Download the latest update of PowerBi Desktop
  • Refresh and connect everything locally and then update the file / publish
  • Connecting now works, but you may have to use "Authentification Method: None" for Google Analytics.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @divyaaggarwalbA ,

Could you please tell me that which report is not successfully refreshed each time? Is it always one table? Will report A or B refresh with an error each time or is it a random one of these two reports?  Whether these two reports are connected to other data sources besides Google Analytics

Could you please provide a screenshot with the error?

The error "The key didn't match any rows in the table." happened when the specific table/view/file is not available which is being used to pull data from.
Could you please provide a screenshot about the error.

I have also found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table. Only on web. 

• Delete the connection to Google Analytics and I recreated the connection from the beginning in the desktop app.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

The two reports are connected to two different instances of Google Analytics. So in The Power Bi server.

For "Report A" lets say the Credentials are xyz@GAPowerbi

but for "Report B" the Credentials are abc@powerbi

and both these credentials are diffrent because like I mentioned above they are saparate instances for two diffrent websites "Website A" and "Website B"

So Power BI refreshes only one report at a Time either "Report A" or "Report B" depending on what credentials were supplied in the settings last time. 

For example today i went in the settings and supplied right Credentials for "Report A" and So "Report A" refreshes succefully But "Report B" fails with the error "The key didn't match any rows in the table." As the Power Bi service is considering credentials for Report A in the setting of Report B as well as those were the last credentials given for Google Analytics to Power BI. 

Also Note on the desktop as well it will connec to either of the report at a time. So again you can only refresh one report at a Time.

Hope this is making sense.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors