Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

VishrantiC
Regular Visitor

Getting datasource credentials error in Power-BI service for AWS PostgreSQL

Hello All,

I'm using AWS PostGreSQL as my data source to connect with Power-BI. It is working fine in Power-BI Desktop with below data source settings:

VishrantiC_0-1684180507896.png

Now, when I publish the report in service and try to set datasource credentials, I'm getting error. Can anybody please help me out to fix the issue with Power-BI Service? 

VishrantiC_1-1684180686666.png

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @VishrantiC 

Based on my research and investigate on the issue you met in the Power BI service currently, this error message indicates that there is a connectivity issue between Power BI Service and your AWS PostgreSQL data source. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1 Check if the AWS PostgreSQL data source is accessible from the internet. You can try to connect to the data source using a tool like pgAdmin or psql from a machine outside your network to see if you can establish a connection.

2 Check if the firewall rules on your AWS PostgreSQL data source allow traffic from the Power BI Service IP addresses. If the Power BI Service IP addresses is changed every time and we can guarantee, We suggest to connect it using on-premise data gateway because the IP sent from on-premise data gateway is stable:

Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

3 Check if the AWS PostgreSQL data source is configured to allow SSL connections. If SSL is required, make sure that the SSL certificate is valid and that the certificate chain is trusted by the machine running Power BI Service.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to query the backend logs from the PostgreSQL data source side to check the specific error message given for the further troubleshooting.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors