Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MYeung

Gateway Connection Error after Removing Datasource

I'm running into a "You don't have any data gateways" error after removing a data source that has a gateway connection. We moved to using a different connector for the data, so I no longer need this datasource in my data model. However, whenever I remove it from the data model, I'm unable to connect to the live gateway connection for my new data sources. Adding the data source back in resolves the issue, but the data source will be deprecated eventually.

I've tried clearing the cache on my browser, deploying to other workspaces, deleting the dataset and report and redeploying, but haven't had any success. Any thoughts or ideas on how to fix this?

MYeung_0-1647030464936.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MYeung

Issue appeared to be related to a service account. Using an individual's account for the gateway authentication appears to have solved this error.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MYeung

Issue appeared to be related to a service account. Using an individual's account for the gateway authentication appears to have solved this error.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MYeung ,

Please try adding new data source and matching the new data source for dataset before deleting the previous data source.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hi Jay,

I've tried this without success. I added a new Denodo connection in increments and replaced 8 SQL Server connections with Denodo connections in sets of 2 data sources. After removing the last SQL Server connection the error started to appear. 

Thanks,
Marvin

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

re-authenticate the remaining data sources further down in the page.

The "Data source credentials" is grayed out for me. In my experience, you connect to the gateway connection before authenticating the data sources in the workspace. I also tried clearing and reentering my credentials for all data sources in desktop before deploying to the workspace, and that didn't work either.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors