Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

akhaliq7
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Filters work in power bi desktop but not in power bi service

I was working on a report and the calendar related filters which are in a date table work fine in power bi desktop but when I upload it to the power bi service and select a value for say year then it keeps returning blank. Not sure why the relationships are fine and I have tried changing the date table which i am creating in power query. 

Has anyone had this type of problem before or know of any possible fixes thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
akhaliq7
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I created a support ticket with power bi and during the call the report randomly fixed itself. Not to sure how or why it just started working,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sanldn

HI We are having the same issue today 23/02 , i have refreshed and published but still filters are not working.

Based on assumptions. What happened was when you refresh the dataset on power bi desktop it will most likely not have any problems. If you refresh the dataset in power bi service then thats when the problem occurs.  How you can tell is if the first value in the filter is blank then that means the dataset has got a problem. As in my case I have to update the gateway. Once the gateway is updated then I will double check whether the problem still occurs. Also the problem is related to dimension table columns not filtering correctly the fact table columns filter fine.

akhaliq7
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I created a support ticket with power bi and during the call the report randomly fixed itself. Not to sure how or why it just started working,

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors