Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rohyt

Few Issues With Datamart Usage

Hi Microsoft Team

We use Datamart for ETL and modelling in the Power BI cloud against Azure Databricks source. However, I've seen strange issues with Datamart, as listed below.

1) Incremental Load against Azure Databricks Datasource takes very long (around 2 hours), while the full load completes in under 2-3 minutes. The data fetched is minimal, i.e. about 10-15 k rows in total. This is strange behaviour. Would you happen to have any suggestions for me here?

2) One point related to the above is that If I try to use Dataset directly against the Azure Databricks source for import mode, I can see full load timings are similar compared to Datamart. But If I try to use Incremental load, it takes around 35 minutes. So it is much better than Datamart but still high for incremental load considering the data size from the source is very small.

Is there any known issue for the connector used against Azure Databricks source from the Power BI cloud when incremental load configurations are used (especially for Datamart)?

3) Deployment pipelines were configured to move datamart from one workspace to another. It was working fine initially. Few modelling changes were made daily, and at some point, the deployment stopped working for moving Datamart. It is difficult to pinpoint if any specific change made an impact here. The logs do not help to know the issue's cause, description, etc.

Below are the Log IDs generated when the deployment failed. I tried multiple times to deploy again, but it was not working till I deleted the destination Datamart and then deployed again from scratch)

Deployment ID: 57756f55-3b2c-4b5a-babc-1ad7ce900c74

Deployment ID: 32ca5898-944f-4ac0-b159-4c04f97cd770

Deployment ID: 93563e57-72d6-4792-99b7-863ec84b90bc

Deployment ID: e8967b1f-6ef3-4fc0-9124-4b044bf833d7

Deployment ID: 67d42380-f104-4893-9827-135ff3da1876

Could someone from the Microsoft support team review the above logs and confirm the root cause and how to prevent this type of situation in the future using Deployment pipelines?

4) Sometimes, modelling changes in Datamart throws an error when changes are Saved at the Power Query Editor screen (at the time of loading again), and we have to perform the same steps multiple times to get it done. This is becoming a pain to plan things for future reporting via Datamart usage.

At one point, Datamart gots corrupt, i.e. it was not clickable, and error message was saying that the connection between Dataset and Datamart had been lost and to wait for a couple of seconds. But it does not work or get clickable again even after a good number of days. Is it a Known bug?

I know I've put multiple things in the same thread, but all these are  about Datamart and related ones with each other. I am so using same thread to list them out all here.

Regards

Rohit

1 REPLY 1
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rohyt 

Regarding the issue of incremental refresh slowly that you mentioned, there is no similar case at the moment, which may require logging to monitor the cause of the problem. As for your mention of the need for engineers to view the logs, this is beyond the permissions of the forum. You can mention support ticket to give feedback on your issue .

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors