Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

IpCorona

Failed on getting data from two different computers using Gateway

I have a problem with the data sources in the gateway cluster. I need to use two different source of data in a single report. I have a MySQL database as one of the sources, and a Excel file in another one, each one in a different computer. Both computers with On-premise Gateway installed and configured, both on the same cluster. One connect to database and the ohter one contains the excel files. The report must get data from both, however, when updates one of them fails and doesn't try in the other computer. First one (primary) is the one with the MySQL database connection, Power Bi tries to get the excel from the same one (which dones't have the file) and fails, but doesn'0t try in the one with the excel files.

If I disable the MySQL server gateway on Power Platform admin center, it will try to the excel one, but then will fails because cannot fetch data from the MySQL.  The problem is the Power Bi stops when fails to get Excel darta in the one where is not the excel files and doesn't try in the second one. It doesn't recursive search.

How I can do to get data from both sources?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IpCorona,

While configuring a gateway for a composite model, you can only add different data sources under the same on-premises data gateway.

It is not supported to add two on-premises data gateways to one dataset.

For your issue, the two data sources need to be on the same host.

Please refer this about how to set schedule refresh for one dataset with multiple datasouce.

You can also refer this related blog:

https://www.cittabase.com/power-bi-tips-schedule-refresh-on-composite-models/

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IpCorona

Is your issue solved?

If the issue has been solved, please adopt the solution to help others.

Thanks!😉

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IpCorona,

While configuring a gateway for a composite model, you can only add different data sources under the same on-premises data gateway.

It is not supported to add two on-premises data gateways to one dataset.

For your issue, the two data sources need to be on the same host.

Please refer this about how to set schedule refresh for one dataset with multiple datasouce.

You can also refer this related blog:

https://www.cittabase.com/power-bi-tips-schedule-refresh-on-composite-models/

Best Regards,
Link

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors