Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gra_wang
Helper I
Helper I

Error when processing the data in the dataset (salesforce objects)

Seems like every time a column in a salesforce object gets removed or somehow altered, I get this error when attempting a scheduled refresh.

Here is an example:

Capture.JPG

The column that was removed from the object was something I don't even use in the data model and yet I have to go and edit the query every time this happens. Is there a way to disregard these changes to salesforce objects and just have scheduled refreshes continue as normal? I can understand if the missing column is used in my data model, but this issue makes scheduled refreshes unreliable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pablobarra
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @gra_wang

You need to remove the steps that are "removing" columns.

First get all data as you are doing now, and in an early step you can select the columns you want to use in your report and apply a step that is "Remove other columns". If you need you can edit the step with double click and add columns.

The query (M code) will be like this:

let
Source = Salesforce.Data(),
Account = Source{[Name="Account"]}[Data],
#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(Account,{"Id", "Name"}),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Removed Other Columns", each ([Id] = "0010O00001mY123QAC"))
in
#"Filtered Rows"

Pablo

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pablobarra
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @gra_wang

You need to remove the steps that are "removing" columns.

First get all data as you are doing now, and in an early step you can select the columns you want to use in your report and apply a step that is "Remove other columns". If you need you can edit the step with double click and add columns.

The query (M code) will be like this:

let
Source = Salesforce.Data(),
Account = Source{[Name="Account"]}[Data],
#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(Account,{"Id", "Name"}),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Removed Other Columns", each ([Id] = "0010O00001mY123QAC"))
in
#"Filtered Rows"

Pablo

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors