Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TimRCM
Regular Visitor

Embed link formatting changes as of 8/24 update?

Hello!

We are currently using a PhantomJS script to screenshot our embed links for display on digital signage (the digital signs don't have the CPU oomph to load the pages themselves). 

As of the update yesterday (8/24/16) afternoon, we get wildly scrambled elements on the embed links whenever the report size is set to 16:9 - almost as if every element is squeezed towards the top left. If I manually set it to 1920x1080, it works fine, but then I run in to the issue of the 40pt font size limit on most visuals being too tiny to read from a distance. 

Nothing in our script or reports changed - this occured right as the update went live yesterday afternoon, so it's definitely caused by something in this latest update. Our script is screenshotting plenty of other pages just fine - it's only the PowerBI embed links that became magically broken. 

The script we are using utilizes the same rendering engine as Chrome, yet Chrome itself does not seem to display this issue. I'd love some insight as to WHAT changed with the report sizes that could've caused this if anyone happens to know. Otherwise, is there any way around the 40pt font size restriction currently? 

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TimRCM,

According to your description, the page size of the report was set to 16:9. You published the report to web, and got the embedded link to display the report in the browser, the report was squeezed towards the top left, right?

Based on my test on Edge and Chrome browsers, with the embedded link, report can display fine. See:

a3.PNGa4.PNG

In your scenario, would you please check it again if the embedded link render report fine?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Unfortunately they do not, but I'd imagine very few people are running a setup like this. PhantomJS utilizes the Webkit rendering engine and is used by web developers to test responsive designs all the time and should be able to render the page just fine (and was able to render it just fine before the last update). Some kind of web standard was broken. I've been able to mostly work around this by setting the size of our reports to 1920x1080, though. 

At this size, the 40pt maximum font size in most default visuals is still infuriatingly small for what we are wanting to do, however. Are there any plans to stop limiting the font sizes? 

TimRCM
Regular Visitor

To elaborate, here's an example. The first image is before the update, and the second image is after the update. 

Again, nothing at all changed on our reports, and they appear fine in desktop and on powerbi.com. The only thing that fixes them is changing the report size to 1920x1080. What in the world changed to cause this? 

rebates-good.pngrebates-bad.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors