Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ChristophR
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic card title becomes static after editing dashboard tile

I have a card visual with a dynamic title (using conditional fomatting). This card is pinned to a dashboard. The title on dashboard tile updates as expected. 

However, when I edit the dashbaord tile, e.g., by adding a subtitle, or by setting up a custom link, the title becomes static and does not update anymore. Is there a way to preserve the dynamic title when editing the tile? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ChristophR 

This issue is by design.

There are a few limitations to the current implementation of expression-based titles for visuals:

• Expression based titles aren't carried over when you pin a visual to a dashboard

vangzhengmsft_0-1629165950392.png

refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-conditional-format-visual-titles#li...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ChristophR 

This issue is by design.

There are a few limitations to the current implementation of expression-based titles for visuals:

• Expression based titles aren't carried over when you pin a visual to a dashboard

vangzhengmsft_0-1629165950392.png

refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-conditional-format-visual-titles#li...

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-angzheng-msft 

I am just wondering, if this is by design: How comes that the title does adapt as long as I do not edit the tile (which is my current workaround)? Is this unintended behavior which I should not build on?

Hi, @ChristophR 

This is the feedback given by the development team so far.
I think it is fortunate for us. Under the restriction that the expression cannot work in the dashboard, the tile can still work normally without editing.
I guess this issue should be fixed in the process of product update iterations, and I look forward to hearing good news.

Hi @v-angzheng-msft 

thanks for clarification. I just wanted to make sure that I do not use a feature productively that will break in one of the next releases. 

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ChristophR 

I have reproduced the issue and reported it internally. I will update the feedback information here in time. Please wait patiently.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors