Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

naninamu
Helper III
Helper III

Don't want client to see list of reports in Workspace

Hi Board,

I have created 6 reports for a client, all published in the Service. Depending on their access level, they can see certain reports in the Application from which the reports are linked.

When they click through to a report, it opens it up in the Service. The issue is, on the LHS toolbar they can then access the Workspace all the reports are kept in and access all 6 of them, even if their access is restricted in the Application.

Have I set this up wrongly, or is there someway I can block them accessing the Workspace via the LHS toolbar?

Thanks! Andrew

naninamu_0-1688445749197.png

4 REPLIES 4
naninamu
Helper III
Helper III

Question though - even if I share like that, won't it still open in the Workspace?

No, if you remove them from the workspace first and then give them access using a link, they won't be able to see the other reports in the workspace.

naninamu
Helper III
Helper III

Great - thank you for your help, I will have a read!

Smalfly
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @naninamu ,

Instead of giving users access to a workspace, you can share specific reports with them by sharing a report link.

Please check this microsoft article on sharing for more information on how to share reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors