Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Connor888
Frequent Visitor

Different values in Dataflow Preview vs Desktop

Hi,

I have a dataflow pulling some information from Oracle and cleaning it up - one of these steps semi-intelligently removes duplicate rows through a few bits of logic, and then blindly removes any remaining duplicates with Table.Distinct. The problem I'm getting is that although in the preview this seems to work fine, in Desktop I'm getting an error in my one-many join thanks to a duplicate record. My first instinct was that there was a case issue (e.g. 'a123' vs 'A123') as I've had these happen before, but the situation involves an index with the value always in caps. 

Digging deeper, there are two columns which in the preview show a single value each, e.g:

IndexColumn 1Column 2
FREIGHTValue 1Value 2

Perplexingly when I download the output I have this:

IndexColumn 1Column 2
FREIGHTValue 1Value 2
FREIGHTValue 2Value 1

I'm assuming that in the original data source the latter is what is actually present in the database, this isn't being invented by Power BI, but I'm confused as to why my remove duplicates step (which is removing duplicates in the index only) does not catch this.

Any ideas?

Connor

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors