Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RaviPatel0007
Regular Visitor

Deployment pipeline removes owners how can we fix that so owner of the content stays as it is

I 've admin permission to power BI workspaces in all  workspaces. we have 3 environment DEV , TEST and PROD. using deployement pipeline when we deploy from one environment to another it changes original owner to my name which is not right. can please someone provide solution so when I do deployement it keeps original owner as it is so we do not need to let owner know to change it manually ?

2 REPLIES 2
Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

@RaviPatel0007 Can you specify which item are you deploying, when getting this experience?

DIfferent items has different behavior when it comes to ownership.

v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RaviPatel0007 ,

Power BI deployment pipelines are designed to streamline the deployment process, but they do not inherently provide an option to retain the original owner's name post-deployment. However, there are a couple of workarounds that you might consider:

1. Power BI REST API: If you need more control over the deployment process, you can use the Power BI REST API to script the deployment and potentially retain the original owner's name. This would require custom development and is more complex but offers greater flexibility.

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors