Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

hoosha_11
Helper I
Helper I

Date tables/Time intelligence

Hi,

I noticed that we have 25 date tables (called "LocalDateTable") which I believe are related to time intelligence. In DAX Studio's VertiPaq Analyzer, I observed large sizes between these date columns and other columns in different tables within the Relationships section. This significantly affects memory usage during refresh.

These Date tables are only visible in Analysis Services and not in the Power BI data model.

Is there anything I can do to ignore these tables during the refresh process? I think they are eating memory, and I haven't been able to address the issue yet.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@hoosha_11 Turn off auto-time intelligence. File | Options and settings | Options | CURRENT FILE | Data Load | Time Intelligence | Auto date/time. Turn that off.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi @Greg_Deckler 

I turned it off, published and refreshed, but the visuals in the reports won't load. 

@hoosha_11 Well, if you used auto-time intelligence in something then that could cause a problem. Auto TI syntax is like [Date].[Month]. It's the .[Month] part that is how the underlying tables are referenced. So, you need to get rid of those and just use MONTH([Date]) for example.

Also, if you used the Date Hierarchy in a visual versus just the Date then that would also cause problems.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.