Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

webportal
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Dataflow PipelineException: The evaluation reached the allowed cache entry size limit. Try increasin

My dataflow is retrieving data from Azure blobs.

It is returning the error upon refresh:

PipelineException: The evaluation reached the allowed cache entry size limit. Try increasing the allowed cache size. 

When copying and pasting the code into Power BI Desktop (Power Query), it all goes fine.

How can I fix this?

Thank You!

4 REPLIES 4
webportal
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@v-yangliu-msft 

Thank you. The dataset is completely validated in Power BI Desktop, and the cache size has also been adjusted in Power BI Desktop.

The error refers to Power BI Service Dataflow (ie, before the data is read by Desktop).

Hi, I'm having the same issue when trying to refresh a Power BI Service Dataflow. Were you able to find a fix for this error? Thanks

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @webportal  ,

Try to increase the Maximum allowed (MB).

Cache Size for Power BI Desktop

It's good practice that before you schedule the report, you validate the complete dataset. One additional help for this, especially in the cases of larger datasets retrieved from the API, is to increase the cache limits. This increase can improve PowerBI's performance and stability. To configure this:

1. Click Settings->Options->Global->Data Load to expose the "Data Cache Management Options".
  2. Try increasing the Maximum allowed (MB):to 16000 (or about double what the current setting is).

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm getting this and went up to 100000 MB as a test. It works on older versions of power bi desktop, but i can't get it to work on the Dec 2022 or Feb 2023 versions. I get this same message on all my larger tables. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors