Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Alefato

DATAMART (PREVIEW) CdsaMashupUserException

I have the following error message after giving Save in Power Query from the Datamart:

Pd: The column Gross Sales exist.

Alefato_0-1653598717393.png

8 REPLIES 8
rdnguyen
Helper V
Helper V

I got the same error while trying to save a Dataflow in Power BI Service. I disabled all referenced tables in related dataflow, save it, then redeploy from Dev pipeline up. It seemed working and fix the issue.

Dwisha_S
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

I am receiving similar error while connecting Sharepoint folder with Datamart in PowerBI Service. However, the error is : The field 'Hidden' of the record wasn't found.

Name = <ccon>Test For Sharepoint Folder.xlsx</ccon>,Extension = <ccon>.xlsx</ccon>,Date modified = <ccon>3/28/2023 1:47:41 PM</ccon>,Date created = <ccon>3/28/2023 1:23:58 PM</ccon>,Attributes = <ccon>[Size = "14641", Content Type = "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet", Kind = "Excel File"]</ccon>,Folder Path = <ccon>https://pacificsmoke.sharepoint.com/sites/BudgetFile/Shared Documents/Budget_Testing/</ccon>
HttpStatusCode400
Activity ID853120e3-0e1c-bc6a-4935-e4dbed62bc8e
Request ID7eaf7818-9808-44b5-a87a-9b8de900f109
Status code500
Error CodeCdsaMashupUserException
Batch IDe875e2d3-ff24-4bc9-a11c-8e53b812da90@a3302083-21e0-4c48-8e9a-7f76f077dfb8$2023-03-28T17:26:06.7283...

I tried removing the Hiddenfile step but then I am receiving BadRequest error.

Can you please advice on how it can be resolved?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alefo,

Did you solved this issue ? You said the solumn still existed. I am writing a book on Datamart, and wish to collect issues and solutions.

Gérald
Regular Visitor

For me, the exception was triggered by an extra space " " at the end of the column name. This originated from the column name manually created in an excel table.
This is confirmed by the fact that its does not prevent the ETL to run correctly in PowerBI or during the ETL phase but lead to the error when the model is being built.
The solution is to remove the blank in the column name either at source or in the ETL.
Hopes this will help the community

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alefato ,

This error is commonly triggered when a step makes a direct reference to a column name that doesn't exist in the query.

Example: You have a query from a text file where one of the column names was Column. In your query, you have a step that renames that column to Date. But there was a change in the original text file, and it no longer has a column heading with the name Column because it was manually changed to Date. Power Query is unable to find a column heading named Column, so it can't rename any columns. It displays the error shown in the following image.

vkalyjmsft_1-1654070118046.png

There are multiple solutions for this case, but they all depend on what you'd like to do. For this example, because the correct Date column header already comes from your text file, you can just remove the step that renames the column. This will allow your query to run without this error.

Additionally, we recommend that you take a close look at the error reason, and error detail to understand what's causing the error. You can select the Go to error button, if available, to view the first step where the error occurred.

vkalyjmsft_3-1654070211896.png

Refer to the similar thread:  Expression.Error: The column '' of the table wasn'... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

marekr
Employee
Employee

Could you try creating a dataflow with the same query? If so, would its refresh succeed?

Bujor
Frequent Visitor

The dataflow does not fail, only the datamart.

LW2016
Frequent Visitor

I have this same issue.  Works as a dataflow but I get UserException errors when trying to import to the data mart in the same workspace.  Were you able to figure it out?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors