Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

g_georgiev444
Helper I
Helper I

Custom URL result different than manual slicer setup

Hello,

I have a PBi Desktop report which is imported on the web. I use Custom URL to load 40 different slicer settings for different report viewes. And only 1 of those 40 cases gives me a headache and is not showing data for a particular period, which has data for it.

The setup is absolutely the same for all 40 cases, with same URL except for Region and Type.

Here is what I get when I run the URL. You can see that the Custom URL takes the right filters:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/....../ReportSection?filter=tablename/Region eq 'South' and tablename/LoadType eq 'FTL'

g_georgiev444_0-1672306530820.png

Here is what I get if I load the same report (not from the URL, but from power bi website) and manually set the same slicers:

g_georgiev444_1-1672306676023.png

Why is this happening? It is a really strange behaviour that does not follow a normal logic. Data is there. For all other links/regions everything works perfectly fine. Only with South FTL this is happening. You can see from the 2 images that the result is the same for weeks 50 and 52. Only 51 is shown with no data for some reason.

3 REPLIES 3
g_georgiev444
Helper I
Helper I

Well, I found out what was causing the issue. For some god unknown reason an order with date 2202 was causing the data for 2022 to be split and not show at all. I fixed the underlying data.

It is really strange that the slicer sees 2022 as an only option, but at the same time there was 2202 messing with the same slicer. The column Year is type number, so 2022 and 2202 are definitely seen as different... 

v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @g_georgiev444 ,

I notice that in the first screenshot you didn't set the slicer, but in the second screenshot you did.

Could you please set the same slicer and try again?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yinliw-msft 

I found where the problem is. Unfortunately I do not understand this strange behaviour:

g_georgiev444_0-1672384618915.pngg_georgiev444_1-1672384643728.png

Only if I manually select 2022 then the result appears. If the slicer is left to All then nothing is shown even though 2022 is present in All? Why is this happening? Other slicers do not have this issue. Also, the Year is properly selected for all other weeks in the same visual. Only week 51 gets nothing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors