Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jyaul786
Helper II
Helper II

Custom API

Hello

i have one custom API(XML) running on my localhost and getting streaming data, how can connect  API to Real time streaming in power bi dashboard

i have two fields, in api: name & time.

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. In order to build a streaming report you might want to read more about "Streaming Datasets". You can create datasets with a single table delimiting columns. Once created you can just post request data on it. So in your custom API environment you can create a small script to send new rows everytime. Once the dataset is working you can create a report and pin visuals to dashboard. Consider that only dashboards show live data, reports need a visual refresh to show last data (just in case you plan showing on tv or something like that).

You can read more about it in the doc: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-real-time-streaming

This is an example using python and sending more than one row: https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/612206236078899200/python-power-bi-en-tiempo-real-lote-con-pandas

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors