Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IAM
Helper III
Helper III

Cross tenant sharing: New update just for dataset or also reports?

Hi all,

Is the new update to share cross tenant just for the dataset, or can I also share my reports, so the client can see it in their tenant?

I can only find the instructions to share a dataset.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @IAM ,
If you want to show only the required or assigned tenant to a particular client then you can implement Row Level Security . You can follow this link to implement RLS :-
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-admin-rls
If you want to share with guest or external user in power bi then :-

External B2B guests are limited to consumption of content only. Guest users can view apps, dashboards, reports, export data and create email subscriptions for dashboards and reports. They can't access workspaces or publish their own content.
Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks for answering, but this is not my question. I want my report to show in the tenant of the client.

Hi @IAM ,
You should have Premium capacity license, but the issue is that Power BI only integrates with Azure AAD B2B, not B2C. So you need to have those tenant to AAD .Read this:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/whitepaper-azure-b2b-power-bi#case-4-distributio...

You can use these 5 ways to share with external users:-

1. Share with other pro users (internal or external) with native sharing feature
  2. Embed into your existing collaboration tools (e.g. Teams or Sharepoint)
  3. Embed or publish to web
  4. Share to info screen with digital signage software
  5. Export to Excel or save as PDF

Read more :- https://valota.live/ways-to-share-power-bi-reports-dashboards-with-external-or-free-users/

Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors