Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

benahm
Regular Visitor

Creating Coloured Indicators based on values

Hi There im quite new to PowerBI wanted to ask some advice on a Approach for visualising some data.

1) I Would like to Group together some values to display as a indicator (green or red) depending on the value.

for example: VM Running= green VM Deallocated= red

2) and to also list all machine names fro the dataset into the report under each indicator

and example of the actual Test data is below i would like to visualise:

Test_Data.png

and an example of the visualisation i want to create:

Mockup Visualisation_to_create.png

My .pbix data file is here: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewdwng9nrvwqnsc/Server%20Whiteboard_v3.pbix?dl=0

Any Advice on Approach or how to achieve this in MS PowerBI?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @benahm,

Have you achieved your requirement? If yes, would you please mark the corresponding reply as an answer or share your solution so that it can benefit more users?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @benahm,

It is not available to directly add indicators to visualization in Power BI desktop. 

As a workaround, you can store your indicators in a table with the URL to their image indicators. Mark the image url as an Image Url in the data model. Relate your project status to this table on Indicator. Display the IndicatorURL in your table visualization.

Here is an example for your reference: SSRS like traffic light indicators in Power BI

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@benahm Check out the new dot plot custom visual that was just released in July, it might fit your needs, based on the video in the release it looked highly customizable.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors