Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ZSF0003
Helper I
Helper I

Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report.

Hi! I'm the admin and owner of several reports and workspaces. One of my users received this error and now when I go to open that report I do as well.

Cannot load model

Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again.

Please check the technical details for more information. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Hide details

• Underlying ErrorPowerBI service client received error HTTP response. HttpStatus: 400. PowerBIErrorCode: QueryUserError

• QueryUserErrorFailed to get CSDL.

• Correlation ID06266f0f-5327-fe95-c1a9-c7caa6893e50

• Activity ID7b90ce50-b3bc-4808-9a1b-0bf5fdc208c8

• Request ID655dea34-e111-0f7b-1844-f518e7c00563

• TimeWed Aug 30 2023 08:56:41 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)

• Service version13.0.21401.70

• Client version2308.3.15456-train

When I google the error or "Failed to get CSDL" it said that this is an error where one user does not have a Pro license. However, this user has both a pro license AND a premium trial. Both of which should allow them to access this report. I've double-checked the data source credentials and they are fine. I've hit refresh and it refreshes instantly. However, I am unable to open this report without error.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In this case, the issue was that the original file that I published was tied to a SQL database. A user downloaded a live connection, made edits, then published that. Some change ups in our organization occurred so I wanted to move the report/dataset from one workspace to another, then I removed the report/dataset from the original workspace. This corrupted the dataset.

I reconnected the old file to a copy of the SQL Query and had to remove the live connection in the transform data settings tab. That solved the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ZSF0003 ,

This could be caused by various reasons, such as:

The server or database name is incorrect or not accessible.
The user does not have permission to access the database or the data model.
The username in Azure Active Directory does not match the user principal name in the data model.
The data model is corrupted or incompatible with the Power BI service.

To troubleshoot this error, you can try the following steps:

Verify that the server and database names are correct and reachable from your network.
Check that the user has been granted access to the database and the data model, either directly or through a role.
If you are using a gateway to connect to the Analysis Services database, make sure that the gateway is online and configured properly. You may also need to map the user names in the gateway settings if they are different in Azure AD and the data model.
If you are using a Power BI dataset as your data source, make sure that the dataset is compatible with the report and has been refreshed successfully. You may also need to re-publish the dataset or the report from Power BI Desktop if they have been modified.

Manage SQL Server Analysis Services data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

powerbi - Power BI error won't go away: "Cannot load model. We couldn't connect to your Analysis Ser...

Solved: cannot load model - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: ERROR - CANNOT LOAD MODEL - Microsoft Fabric Community

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

In this case, the issue was that the original file that I published was tied to a SQL database. A user downloaded a live connection, made edits, then published that. Some change ups in our organization occurred so I wanted to move the report/dataset from one workspace to another, then I removed the report/dataset from the original workspace. This corrupted the dataset.

I reconnected the old file to a copy of the SQL Query and had to remove the live connection in the transform data settings tab. That solved the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors