Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

crhoades538
Frequent Visitor

Copy and paste tabs between reports on the Power bi Service

I just received an update for the power bi service.  We are no longer able to copy and paste tabs or visuals from one report to another on the power bi service.  We have lost the capability to see the dashboards, reports, workbooks and datasets from the navigation page on the left of the screen. 

crhoades538_0-1678916772318.png

Below is a link to how this was completed in the past. 

Move Visuals Between Reports - (powerbi.tips)

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
crhoades538
Frequent Visitor

I figured a way around this issue.  Export the report from the service and create a live connection to the model. Then you can copy and paste tabs from one .pbix to another.  Then republlish the report to the service.  This creates the .pbix report that used to only be able to be created on the service. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
crhoades538
Frequent Visitor

I figured a way around this issue.  Export the report from the service and create a live connection to the model. Then you can copy and paste tabs from one .pbix to another.  Then republlish the report to the service.  This creates the .pbix report that used to only be able to be created on the service. 

crhoades538
Frequent Visitor

Putting these in a PBIX file causes more issues with making additional changes to the backend tables.  We have lots of reports that use the same data the front end user just wants it displayed in a slightly different way.  To be able to accomplish this was creating a unique report on the service.  This was done in the PBIX but was copied and pasted to the report on the service.  We have 4 reports that are using the same dataset but have different visuals and tabs created on the service. 

Why don’t you make displaying each tab on the app available.  That will solve my problem.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @crhoades538 

It seems that this change in the PBI Service has stopped this from happening.

What I always recommend is to work from a PBIX file, so that you always have got the source file. If you have to PBIX files open you are able to copy and paste between them.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors