Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PMadan
Frequent Visitor

Contact App author to set up permission Warning appears on linking PBI App in Teams channel

Hi,

I have embedded the app inside teams channel and currently see a warning message as below.

Being a Workspace Admin and App owner, I m able to see all reports fine.

But what is the permission that I need to grant?

What is this warning all about?

I do not see this warning when I connect directly to the app.

Screenshot 2023-04-21 222012.png

Below is the snapshot when I view it through the app.

Screenshot 2023-04-21 222913.png

Thanks & Regards,

Mannu

8 REPLIES 8
FatherLizard
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue and the accepted solution is not a solution. Any luck on this?

PMadan
Frequent Visitor

I canno assign it to all organization... and hence assigning it to specific users/ Azure AD groups

dtc_bi

Anyone able to solve this issue? The post marked as a solution did not specify the problem or how it is solved.

SimonGravel
Regular Visitor

Hi guys,

i have the same problem. Were you able to get rid of the warning? The users get it every time they open the tab in the Teams channel. It doesn't really change anything, but it unsettles the users a little bit.  

KarelSchoofs
Frequent Visitor

Hi @PMadan ,  I am facing the exact same issue since a few days.

I am admin user, and configured access to the users in the Power BI App audiences accordingly.

Did you find a solution?

No... I don't have the solution either.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @PMadan ,

Access only be need on the App itself.

Install and use apps with dashboards and reports in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

You can reassign permissions to the organization or to a user in the organization here, and the system will automatically assign you the corresponding permissions after you make an Update App

vyangliumsft_0-1682328690415.png

vyangliumsft_1-1682328690417.png

Not all Power BI users can view and interact with apps.

• If you have a free license, you can open apps that are stored in Premium capacity and have then been shared with you.
  • If you have a Pro license or a Premium Per User license, you can open apps that have been shared with you.

If someone can't open the app, contact your administrator or help desk. For information about licensing, see Power BI licensing.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This did not help unfortunately.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors