Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

darrenfishell
Advocate II
Advocate II

Clarification or resources on what features from Fabric will be available for Pro Users

My org has all Pro licenses for users, but our data engineering operation would greatly benefit from some of the new Fabric features -- particularly the integration of Data Factory directly into the PowerBI Service. 

I am just hoping to confirm: Are there any Fabric features that will be availble in Pro/shared capacity workspaces? For instance, will Gen2 Dataflows be available in Pro workspaces? 

If not, I'm assuming that dataflows and datamarts created in a Premium workspace (capacity or PPU) still cannot be consumed downstream in datasets or reports that are in Pro workspaces.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @darrenfishell 

For any of the Fabric items (data factory, Gen2 Dataflows, etc) you will either need to have Power BI Premium Capacity or purchase Fabric Capacity (F SKU).

You can think of it as Power BI will remain as is, and any of the new Fabric items will need to use Power BI Premium or Fabric Capacity.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @darrenfishell 

For any of the Fabric items (data factory, Gen2 Dataflows, etc) you will either need to have Power BI Premium Capacity or purchase Fabric Capacity (F SKU).

You can think of it as Power BI will remain as is, and any of the new Fabric items will need to use Power BI Premium or Fabric Capacity.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors