Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change data source (Analysis service)

In my workspace I have more than 5 reports and these reports are connected with analysis service.
I want to change data source analysis service with another Analysis service.
Is there anyway, we can change data source of all reports using script instead of open each report and change data source?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have more than 90 reports in my workspace. Is there any way (script) for update data source of Analysis service?
@GilbertQ 

You could look at PBI-Tools which might be able to do this

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

One thing to note is that when you change the data source to your report it is also going to create a new report in the Power BI Service.

What I mean by this is if you have a current report names "Sales" connecting to an AAS called "Server1" and you open the Sales report and change the AAs to "Server2" when you upload it to the Power BI Service you will have 2 reports called "Sales"

This is by design when ever a data source is changed it created a new underlying report GUID.

I had this issue for a customer and fortuntely we were using Apps, so it was not a big issue because the report names remained the same. And I actually just opened each report and changed the source to make 100% sure that each report did not have any issues.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors