Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

hicksw24

Capacity License, Cant figure out how to share

I have the Capcity Premium License and I cant figure out how to share my dashboards and reports on teams. Everyone gets a cannot access message. Are there any instructions out there that will walk me through how to share? I cant find any. 

5 REPLIES 5
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @hicksw24 

You may click 'Apps' on Teams and then find 'Power BI'. Then you can choose 'add to a team or a chat'.

a1.png

It is said in the official document that users without a Pro license can still access a workspace that's in Power BI Premium capacity, as long as they have a Viewer role. Please make sure they have a Viewer role in the workspace.

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @hicksw24 

Power BI Premium licensing is based on capacity. Power BI Premium provides dedicated capacity to deliver more consistent performance and support larger data volumes in Power BI. Power BI Premium also enables widespread distribution of content by Pro users without requiring users who view the content to have Power BI Pro licenses. 

Managing Premium capacities involves creating or deleting capacities, assigning admins, assigning workspaces, configuring workloads, monitoring, and making adjustments to optimize capacity performance.

Office 365 Global administrators and Power BI service administrators can create Premium capacities from available v-cores, or modify existing Premium capacities. When a capacity is created, capacity size and geographic region are specified, and at least one capacity admin is assigned. When capacities are created, most administrative tasks are completed in the Admin portal.

For further information, I'd like to suggest you refer the official document .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, but I have read that page. What Im looking for is how to actual share it once the capacity is given to a workspace. I dont see where it says "check this box to share now" or anything like that. Sorry if its something simple. The doc talks about set up, but not how to actually use it...

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Make sure that you have the workspace set to use the Premium capacity, is that true? That functionality for Teams is pretty new, if everything looks right you might need to open a support ticket on it.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thank you! I think I have that set. "Dedicated Capacity" is set to "On" in the "edit workspace" pane. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors