Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KathleenBloemen

Cannot "overwrite" - You already have a dataset named xxx set up with OneDrive refresh

I have a report published on a workspace. Many people use the link to this report to embed its visuals in their sharepoints.

Now I had to change the dataset behind the report quite a lot, I fixed all visuals on my Power BI desktop.

I now want to "overwrite" the original report with the new one (publish from Desktop), keeping the same name, but I am not able to.

I keep on getting below error message, even when I switched off the automated refresh of the original report: 

You already have a dataset named XXXX set up with OneDrive refresh. Please save this file with a different name and try again.

I don't want to save this new report with a different name... because then all users will have to replace the links in their sharepoints again... How to overcome this issue? Any suggestions?

All help is much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
sebadb9
Advocate V
Advocate V

voted, this is really annoying. Thanks for your support

sebadb9
Advocate V
Advocate V

I've opened a support ticket on this issue with Microsoft, but unfortunately people of support aren't savy and a couple of days later still no fix!

sebadb9_0-1683819187999.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors