Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

oscara
Frequent Visitor

Can't sign in to app.powerbi.com

Hi,

I have been using Power BI for quite some time but suddenly when trying to logon to app.powerbi.com (using Chrome on Win 7) nothing happens. I just get a blank screen. Logging on using IE works, but does not look as good as as Chrome. I tried deleting cache/cookies and unistalling/installing Chrome, but with no success. Any ideas?

BR, Oscar

5 REPLIES 5
rholohan
Regular Visitor

I too can no longer sign in to either powerbi.com or desktop.  Here are the steps to recreate:

Here is a step-by-step recreation of the issues I am facing with Power BI Desktop and webservice in signing in.

• Issue: Unable to publish project time data from Power BI Desktop to Power BI on the Web due to inability to sign in any longer.
  • Using Company email address which has worked in the past 6+ months.

Issues trying to Sign in when publishing from PBI Desktop using the forgot your password link

• After loading the PBI Desktop File, called TimeKeeper.pbix (478 KB), when I go to publish to the web, I click the Publish button (see below)
  • I then get this dialog box:
  • I enter my work email address that I have used since signing up for the PBI service:
  • I then click the Sign In button and get the following dialog box:
  • I then enter my PBI Desktop password and click the Sign In button:
  • I get the warning “We don’t recognize this user ID or password”:
  • I click the link for Forgot your password below:
  • I then get the following dialog box. I enter the characters in the picture and click the Next button:
  • I then get the following dialog where it has a “loading spinner”, however it just hangs and never completes (I let it run overnight on 2/22/2017 and it was still spinning in the morning):

Issues trying to Sign in when publishing from PBI Desktop using the Can’t Access Your Account link

• I have also tried the following procedure as well:

After loading the PBI Desktop File, called TimeKeeper.pbix (478 KB) When I go to publish to the web, I click the Publish button (see below)

• I then get this dialog box:
  • I enter my work email address that I have used since signing up for the PBI service:
  • I then click the Sign In button and get the following dialog box:
  • I then enter my PBI Desktop password and click the Sign In button:
  • I get the warning “We don’t recognize this user ID or password:
  • This time I click the link for “Can’t access your Account”:
  • I then get the following dialog box. I enter the characters in the picture and click the Next button:
  • Again, I then get the following dialog where it has a “loading spinner”, however it still just hangs and never completes:

I have also tried to sign-in at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/

• Finally, I have also tried to go to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/ and click the Sign In link at the top of the page:
  • I then get the dialog box below, and I enter my work email and my password and check the “Keep me signed in” box.
  • Once I click the Sign In button, I get the following dialog box, where I click the “Forgot your password?” link:
  • I then get the following dialog where it has a “The user ID you entered does not exist. Please check that you have typed your user ID correctly.”
  • This is the same work email that I have always used with Microsoft Power BI. Not sure why it is showing it doesn’t exist. I click cancel where I am taken back to the Sign In page where I click the link “Can’t access your account?”  It takes me through the same steps as above and indicates that my User ID doesn’t exist.

Unable to re-register my account

• I have also tried to re-registering my User ID/email by going to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/ and clicking the link for “Sign up free”:
  • I get the following options. I have tried both options. Removing and re-installing Power BI Desktop for windows doesn’t see to work.  I have also clicked the Sign Up button as shown below:
  • I enter my work address in following dialog box and click the Sign Up arrow:
  • I get the following notification:
  • I then open up the sent email and click the “Yes, that’s me” button. I then am brought to the following webpage and I fill in my First and Last Name and enter a new password:
  • I then get the following page that indicates that something went wrong:

• If I click the “OK, got it” arrow button, I am actually logged in to my work space, but without the latest data from the PBI Desktop, and I am still unable to sign in from the PBI Desktop with my work email address and new password. From here I am stuck!

@oscara - can you try signing in using Chrome on another machine? Just to narrow down the issue.

@rholohan - I think I might know more about your case. Can you reach out to me?

Senior Program Manager,
Power BI, Microsoft.

@Ajayi seem to be having the same problem as @rholohan.  It just started yesterday after months of using the service.  Was there solution to his problem.

@Ajayi seem to be having the same problem as @rholohan.  It just started yesterday after months of using the service.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@oscara

I just tried with Chrome (Version 62.0.2743.116) and IE11, both worked well. I think you can try to reset Chrome settings to their original defaults. And if you have no success in office, you can have a try in other network environments like at home to see if it works.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors