Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ABoat563
Frequent Visitor

Can't reorder dashboards in App - arrows in Navigation pane GONE!

Hello folks,

As you can tell from the title, i've encountered a weird 'bug' (what I believe is a bug) in PowerBI service when updating an App. I want to be able to reorder the dashboards, but the arrows that allow you to move them are GONE! Only the hide/show button is visible. I swear I reordered reports just last week, what happened????

In my PowerBI Service:

ABoat563_0-1682516410083.png

EXPECTED (from a user submitted screenshot elsewhere):

ABoat563_2-1682516491023.png

Thank you in advance!!

4 REPLIES 4
dsorci
Advocate I
Advocate I

@collinq - Thanks! Clearing brower history and going back into the service allowed for the new sort feature to become available. Until then there was no way to sort as the old way appears to be deprecated. You would think Microsoft would have communicated this better, but I'm not surprised from past history. Anyway, thank you for this solution! 

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @ABoat563 ,

So, I think that this has changed.  When I go to the app, I have to click on the elipses and then select "move up" or down or whatever.

collinq_1-1682542925462.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi @collinq , thank you for your reply! So I actually don't have that option as there are no ellipses - it literally doesn't exist. I understand that my company is not on the newest version of the powerbi service apps - it looks like Microsoft decided to remove this functionality. Incredibly bizzare. Well, we will have to update apps to the new version unless we 'reupload' the dashbaords in the correct order, which is not sustainable. Can't believe Microsoft missed this.

Hey @ABoat563 ,

So, I don't think that they removed it entirely but I have seen a couple random issues here in the Service that feel similar to your issue.  Two solutions I have seen - first, try another browser type.  Yes, Power BI Service works in all browsers, BUT, not everybody's browsers have the same permissions (your organization might have locked some random thing down on Edge that doesn't exist on Chrome, or vice-versa, and that littel thing affects seeing the elipses).  I understand that sounds odd but I have seen that many times over the years.

The second option is to sign out of everything in your browser, clear your cache entirely for that browser and then close it, re-open it and go back into the Service.  I have seen that issue too - especially when Microsoft modifies the screen GUI.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors