Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tcr-thiago

Can't pass 2 step verification to regain access to my Power BI Service Business account

I have a corporate Power BI Pro account that has started to request a second authentication factor.

I installed the app on my cell phone and added my account but I don't receive notification for authorization.

I already asked the account administrator to remove the two-factor verification but without resolution

I looked for similar cases in the forums and I couldn't find any solution that would help me solve the problem.

Would anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

7 REPLIES 7
QUIPU
Frequent Visitor

Hi Thiago

Did you manage to solve the problem?  I'm dealing with exactly the same situation and our admin said they cant handle it.

Best

Luis

Your Power BI Admin cannot. Your Office 365 or Security admin can. They are the only ones that can.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
edhans
Super User
Super User

This is not a Power BI issue, but one with your Microsoft 365 account, and you will need to resolve with your admin. Power BI has no control over the authentication. It doesn't even do the authentication. The Azure AD does that, and your admin controls how it works for your org.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

QUIPU
Frequent Visitor

Hello

The domain of the institutional account I bought includes the name of my company. IT department of my company says that they do not administer that domain and suggested to get help directly from Microsoft.  

I have spent hours trying to obtain support.  When I tried by phone, the machine provides urls, where there is no solution for my problem.

HOW can contact the administrator of my domain? or at least how can I cancel my account ?

You will have to talk to whomever administers that domain. The setting is a very simple one in the admin panel, but you have to be a domain admin, or possibly a security admin or user admin, to do it. Microsoft is not your domain admin. They sold the domain services to someone, but not, apparently, your IT department.

Cancelling is the same. Domain admin or license admin can do it, but again, it is whomever admins that domain.

QUIPU
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Edhans.  May be I was not clear. 

The admin is unknown. So..

HOW can contact the administrator of my domain? or at least how can I cancel my account ?

I don't know. I don't work for your company. I am not Microsoft. This is a peer-to-peer support forum. You can try with Power BI's support, but I 100% know they cannot fix the issue, but if you are persistent, you might actually get to a department that can.

Microsoft Fabric Support and Status | Microsoft Fabric

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors