Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Martin_Hubsters
Frequent Visitor

Can't enlarge the Power BI main navigation bar anymore

The hamburger button is lost. How do I get back the full size navigation bar in Power BI web app home screen?

Missing hamburger button in top left corner of navigation bar.Missing hamburger button in top left corner of navigation bar.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Martin_Hubsters 

You can't.  This is a change to the Power BI UI made by Microsoft. It may be tempoary, and you can revert back to the old UI by setting an Admin switch. But eventually this will become the new UI for Power BI.

see: Power BI user interface experiments | Burningsuit

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

And that exactly the problem we have, Training on Power BI we need all our tenants to look the same, or they get horribly confused. This "experimental" UI is applied seemingly randomly throughout a tenant, so some get it some don't. The solution I've found is to unset the "user experience experiments" switch in Power BI admin (as detailed in my blog, link above) then at least everyone in the tenant gets the same UI, until such time as there is a permanent change.

Have fun!

Stuart

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Martin_Hubsters 

You can't.  This is a change to the Power BI UI made by Microsoft. It may be tempoary, and you can revert back to the old UI by setting an Admin switch. But eventually this will become the new UI for Power BI.

see: Power BI user interface experiments | Burningsuit

Hope this helps

Stuart

OK, I can live with that. I was just wondering because one of my customers still has the hamburger icon in their tenant and for a training I wanted my UI to look as identical as possible to their UI.

Thank you!

And that exactly the problem we have, Training on Power BI we need all our tenants to look the same, or they get horribly confused. This "experimental" UI is applied seemingly randomly throughout a tenant, so some get it some don't. The solution I've found is to unset the "user experience experiments" switch in Power BI admin (as detailed in my blog, link above) then at least everyone in the tenant gets the same UI, until such time as there is a permanent change.

Have fun!

Stuart

Thank you @Burningsuit this is really helpful advice!

Even my boss in the same tenant still has this button 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors