Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bookmarks update issue

Hello Community,

I have a report in which I analyse monthly expenses for multiple companies. Each company has one report which is consisted by a table and months filter. The board asked from me to create 4 views for each company report depending on some requirements they want to see in their reports. Thus, I used the bookmaks to create this functionality.

The issue is that every time when a new month is added to the report the bookmarks do not automatically add the new month in the table. Thus, I need to select manually the new month from the month filter and then update the bookmarks every time. 

Is there any way to make bookmarks to update automatically every time a new month is coming in?

2 REPLIES 2
quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Anonymous

What if you add a relative date filtering to it ? 

When you include today it should work (maybe try to put CALENDAR MONTHS instead of Months)

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @quentin_vigne,

Many thanks for your answer. This can bea solution, however, the managers want to have automatically selected the last 6 months and at the same time to have the option to see previous months as well when this is needed. 

I saw another idea you had about this on another Subject I raised (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/How-my-report-can-show-automatically-the-last-6-months/m-p/...) about having two reports, one to have the last 6 months and a second one to have all months, and the user can choose any month/s he wishes to see. This cannot be the ideal solution as having two reports for a single company would make the whole workspace not user friendly.

Is there any way make my report to select automatically the last 6 months and at the same time to give the option to the users to extend the month range?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors