Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Halicher
Regular Visitor

Azure Devops connection issues

Hi all, 

I'm having some issues connecting my analytics from Azure Devops to Power BI. We recently created a new customized Scrum and I have been trying to connect to the data using the Analytics views. I'm able to get a connection to see the views created; however when I try to open the display options I get an error that "the project doesn't exist". I've tried several iterations of connecting (with the %20, without %20, making modifications to the collection name and project name) it always seems to connect but then gets stuck at this stage. I welcome any and all suggestions on how to resolve this.

Below is a photo of the error I get.

Thanks! 

Annotation (1).png

4 REPLIES 4
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Halicher 

How about using Azure DevOps connector? I used it to connect to a custom view successfully.

030102.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Hi @v-jingzhang . Thanks. Yes I've been using the Azure DevOps connector to connect to PowerBI. It seems to connect, however its just not pulling the data across. I tried again yesterday, and when I go into Advanced Editor it seem to show that its not pulling or recognizing the analytic ID. I took a screen shot for reference. Welcome any thoughts. Thanks. 

Annotation (2).pngas the error  

@Halicher

Sorry I didn't notice that you are connecting to on-premises Azure DevOps Server, please try the second Azure DevOps Server (Boards only) connector.

If your organization’s url format is: https://server:8080/tfs/DefaultCollection/{project name}. You could try to enter https://server:8080/tfs/DefaultCollection in the Collection URL, and enter your project name in Team project input box.

Let me know if this works.

Hi @v-jingzhang My reply seems to not post when I hit send. Let's try this again....

I have been using the Azure DevOps Server (Boards only) connector to connect. Unfortunately these are the errors I get. I tried the "Default Collection" suggestion but that didn't work. As in my screen shots it seems to connect but its not able to pull in the information. We are working with a customized Scrum board. Would this impact it?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors