Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MP-iCONN
Resolver I
Resolver I

Alerts above a certain number only after certain time of day

I have a card in my report that will show how many employees are clocked into a work order at any given moment during the day.

I pinned that card to a Dashboard and setup a threshold of above 0 (as seen in my screenshot below).  This of course will trigger every 24 hrs once that goes above 0 which it will during the day.  My goal is to try and have it only alert me if someone is still clocked in after, for example, 5:00pm central time.   I tried with a work flow based on reccurence but it seems to just trigger it and send me the alert even though the number is zero at that time of day. 

MPiCONN_0-1642643398664.png

MPiCONN_1-1642643666683.png

I hope this is clear and thank you for any help.

Chad

2 REPLIES 2
MP-iCONN
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thank you for that info.  I have never used XMLA so I will have to read up on it.  I just started learning Power BI and converted 100+ reports from our old BI system to this one due to that vendor shutting down so my brain is a little fried.  Always fun learning new things.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That's not possible with the standard alerts. But you can craft your own. Schedule it to run after 5pm, run an XMLA query to check if your condition applies, trigger the alert if it does.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors