Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gimmethedata
Regular Visitor

Add Excel File to dataset and upload to PowerBI Service

Hi,

I have a dataset which I created in PowerBI desktop and published to PowerBI Service. The model consists of data from an ODBC database as well as GSheets and gets refreshed via an on-premise data gateway regularly. Now I would like to add local Excel Files to the dataset. It works just well when adding the files to the dataset in Microsoft Desktop. When publishing though I am getting the error below. I do understand there are some issue with the path / login credentials but I don't know where to add them. Would be much appreciated if anyone could guide me how to add excel files to the data model and make the refresh work in PowerBI Service. The excel file is btw. stored on the same server like the ODBC database.

Let me know if you require any other information.

Many thanks for your help!

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Die für die Quelle \"File\" bereitgestellten Anmeldeinformationen sind ungültig. (Quelle unter \"m:\\orla2_löseral\\logistik\\kosten\\tourenübersicht_it.xlsx\".)"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"File"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"M:\\Orla2_Löseral\\Logistik\\Kosten\\Tourenübersicht_IT.xlsx"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[{\"kind\":\"File\",\"path\":\"M:\\\\Orla2_Löseral\\\\Logistik\\\\Kosten\\\\Tourenübersicht_IT.xlsx\"}]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: f_Tourenuebersicht_IT.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors