Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

andlin11
Regular Visitor

"RS:embed=true" command not working in Sharepoint 2013 when upgrading to PBIRS jan 2020

Hi!
Our iframed Pbix-reports stopped working after upgrading to Power BI Report Server jan 2020.
After upgrading the iframe command no longer accept "rs:embed:true" when linking to a report. 
If I change to rs:embed=false the report shows up again.

Content editor Web Part:

<iframe width="1320" height="770" src="http://server/reports/reportname?rs:embed=true"></iframe>
Anyone experiencing the same issue after upgrading to PBI RS jan 2020?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lestagek
Advocate I
Advocate I

The CustomHeaders property on the advanced settings of the report server defaults to:

<CustomHeaders>
<Header>
<Name>X-Frame-Options</Name>
<Pattern>(.+)((\/api)|(\/(mobilereport|report|powerbi|excel|pages)\/(.+)(rs:embed=true|rc:toolbar=false)))</Pattern>
<Value>SAMEORIGIN</Value>
</Header>
</CustomHeaders>

I changed it to:

<CustomHeaders><Header><Name>Embed</Name><Pattern>(.+)(/reports/)(.+)(rs:embed=true)</Pattern><Value>True</Value></Header></CustomHeaders>

Embedded reports are working now.

Connect to the report server via SSMS, right click on the server and server properties.  Click on the Advanced option.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
lestagek
Advocate I
Advocate I

The CustomHeaders property on the advanced settings of the report server defaults to:

<CustomHeaders>
<Header>
<Name>X-Frame-Options</Name>
<Pattern>(.+)((\/api)|(\/(mobilereport|report|powerbi|excel|pages)\/(.+)(rs:embed=true|rc:toolbar=false)))</Pattern>
<Value>SAMEORIGIN</Value>
</Header>
</CustomHeaders>

I changed it to:

<CustomHeaders><Header><Name>Embed</Name><Pattern>(.+)(/reports/)(.+)(rs:embed=true)</Pattern><Value>True</Value></Header></CustomHeaders>

Embedded reports are working now.

Connect to the report server via SSMS, right click on the server and server properties.  Click on the Advanced option.

Awesome, thank you @lestagek !
A heads up from MS would have been nice.

Thank you for all the input in this tread
Regards Andreas

Same problem for me, and same solution. MS dropped the ball on this one. A simple heads up would have saved me 3 hours yesterday. 

Hello all.

Made this change on my report server and now i get 503 error, service unavailablem and can´t connect via ssms to the reporting server instance to correct. Any help is appreciated, as i´m looking at rebuilding the server...

Regards,

Manuel Pereira

Hi Manuel,
The ssrs service restarts after changing the property. Is your service up and running?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@andlin11 wrote:
Hi Manuel,
The ssrs service restarts after changing the property. Is your service up and running?

It was. I tried restarting the services, restarting the server, repairing the Report Server installation, checking .config files, what have you. Lost connection to the report server database entirely. Ended up having to create a new report server database, reload all reports, rebuild folder structure, reconfigure security and automatic refresh rules.

So yeah, a fun morning...

Microsoft just released an update that may fix this issue along with a few others

See here for the change log https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/changelog

And you can download the update from here https://aka.ms/pbireportserver 

My Dude... Thanks for the tip. Applied the update and we're good! 😎

😍😘💋🍆

Never mind my last post (deleted) I was pointing to production server (sep 2019)...

Thanks for the solution @lestagek worked like a charm!

Would have been nice if MS mentioned it explicitly in the release notes.

Regards Taico

Yes! This is the solution. 

You have to change the settings on the custom headers.

More info here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/tools/server-properties-advanced-page-report...

@lestagek Thanks!

Thanks for your support, unfortunatley I am missing the option in my advanced settings of the report server...

Any clue on that? 

Thank you!
Andreas

I got it - its within the reporting services properties. Thank you. PRoblem is solved. 

AndreasScholl
Helper I
Helper I

Hello all,

same here, we used some Iframes within our Intranet (Confluence), all of them are not longer working now.

Is MS working on that or is this no longer supported?

BR

Andreas

lader
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. The problem seems to be with the embed function and the iframe.

PS: Looking the issue we are having the error Refused to display in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'. This should not happen because we are sending ?rs:embed=true at the end of the URL so the report is embebed. Something changed in the last update. =(

ForcaTaico
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @andlin11 

I have the same issue with iframe when using  "rs:embed:true". Also on SharePoint 2013.

Regards Taico

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.