Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rs7789
Regular Visitor

oops, something went wrong Unable to load report

We’ve set-up the On-premise Power BI Report Server. I published a Power BI (pbix) report to the Power BI Report Server; the report is pulling data from a multi-dimensional SSAS data model. We’ve tested and the report outputs successfully on our local copy of Power BI Desktop optimized for Report Server. When we  publish and run the report from the power bi report server, we get the "oops, something went wrong Unable to load report" error message when running the report. The Data source test connection looks good.

I checked the "RSPowerBI..." log files. I'm getting the error: "|ERROR|19|Error occurred while retrieving pbix file from Portal. Status Code: Forbidden, Message: |".

Does anyone have a solution for this?

4 REPLIES 4
SundeepJ

I got the same issue and I found that my NTID don't have Browser access type checked on the sercuity page. Your administrator can do this and also make sure that your user name or the service account belongs to the SSRS server group on your network. Along with these the user account should have access to the cube.

mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

The error you are getting looks like a permissions issue trying to retrieve the report from the Report Server catalog. Can you check to security settings on the Report and make sure the user that is trying to access the report has at least the Browser role set?

Thank you for the reply. I checked the security setting for the report and parent security settings, and I have all of the choices checked off. Any other suggestions on what could be the problem?

Thanks.

Hi @Rs7789,

If your PowerBi Reportserver is not the same server that holds your data you may need to setup kerberos in order to authenticate. The link for that is here: Powerbi Kerberos

Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.