Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jigar1276
Helper I
Helper I

null value in parameter dropdowns of custom connector with Standard Gateway

Hello,

I am using custom connector which have few dropdowns for parameters. The parameter dropdown is shown as null whenever this connector is used with standard gateway. Please refer the bellow screenshot.null in custom connectors.png

However, the same connector is working fine with personal gateway and parameter dropdowns shows the actuall values.

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Jigar1276
Helper I
Helper I

I have raised the ticket on 28-Jan-2021, and ticket number is 121012823001007. This ticket is still open.

Is there any direct link to ticket so I can open the ticket in Microsoft support website?

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jigar1276 ,

Would you please check if you have enabled and used this capability? In Connectors tab in the on-premises data gateway app,  select a folder that can be accessed by the user running the gateway service.The gateway automatically loads the custom connector files located in that folder. They appear in the list of data connectors.

Capture.PNG

If you're using the on-premises data gateway (personal mode), you can upload your Power BI report to the Power BI service and use the gateway to refresh it.

For the on-premises data gateway,on the gateway settings page in the Power BI service, you should see an option when you select the gateway cluster to allow using custom connectors with this cluster. 

Capture1.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi Dedmon,

Thanks for the response. Yes I can see the custom connectors in connectors tab in gateway. Also the check box is ticked to allow user's custom connectors. 

I can see the connector is loaded on app.powerbi.com as per my screenshot in original post. But parameter dropdowns are showing the values as null.

Hi @Jigar1276 ,

To support scheduled refresh through the on-premises data gateway, your connector must implement a TestConnection handler. For mor details, please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/handlinggatewaysupport

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @v-deddai1-msft 

I have already TestConnection in place in my custom connector.

Jigar1276_0-1611731643819.png

Hi @Jigar1276 ,

Your code looks well, but I really can't reproduce your issue. I suggest open a support ticket, 

Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @v-deddai1-msft ,

Thanks for the guidance. I have raised a support case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.