Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dbo.SubscriptionsHistory table depuration

Hi! 

We were looking for metadata information in the ReportServer database to obtain the history, length and status of schedule refresh processes. We discovered the "dbo.SubscriptionsHistory" table. However, there's a weird behavior: in DEV server, the table contains the entire history since installing; in PROD server, the table only contains the last 10 days. 

Is there any configuration that we can move (either at instance or database level) to let the table keep more history days? 

Regards!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking at the code in the ReportServer DB I can see there's a stored procedure called

[dbo].[AddSubscriptionHistoryEntry]

This seems to add entries but then also deletes all entries except the last ten (the ten is hard coded)

Looking at the data on my servers this seems to be what is happening. So I don't understand how you're seeing more than ten entires on your dev systems.

I'm guessing you could amend the stored proc! Smiley Surprised

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this is controlled via an amdin setting about general execution history retention

Conection to your SSRS Server usings SSMS. I have to use the URL to my server http://ServerName/ReportServerURLPath/ fo this connection and you obviosuly need to be an admin.

ssrs_pbi_admin.png

Right click and sleect propeties, then I think it's this page

ssrs_pbi_admin_logging.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Thank you so much for the answer. 

I don't have admin access to the production server, but checking the develompent one, that configuration has a 60 days expiration period, but in the table we have information since late 2018. 

Is there any other place where this can be configured? 

Regards, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking at the code in the ReportServer DB I can see there's a stored procedure called

[dbo].[AddSubscriptionHistoryEntry]

This seems to add entries but then also deletes all entries except the last ten (the ten is hard coded)

Looking at the data on my servers this seems to be what is happening. So I don't understand how you're seeing more than ten entires on your dev systems.

I'm guessing you could amend the stored proc! Smiley Surprised

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer! 

I'll check the stored procedure in dev. However, I doubt the IT team will let us modify a system stored procedure :(. 

Regards!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.