Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pragyamishra
Helper II
Helper II

connection time out in case of scheduled reports email

Hi All,

I have created a paginated report and scheduled it to be delivered to the end user as an e-mail. I have included the report URL LInk also in this mail alongwith an excel version of the report. The user can view the excel report, but whenever she tries to access the URL she gets the connection timed out error, while if I try going directly to the report server, there is hardly any delay before the report is rendered. Hence, I am unable to understand what might be the issue.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

It could be many things, hard to say for sure. Most commonly we see:

1. The server is behind a network load balancer and the URLroot property was not configured. This replaces the root part of the URL to what is publically exposed rather thant he internal hidden node. 

2. The user trying to view it is not on the domain and doesn't have access to the report server. 

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the help, but it is a testing server which is not  behind any load balancer as of now. Also, if I use the same credentials on the server itself, I can view the reports. Also, I can view the reports if I use the HTTP URL instead  of HTTPS. Can you please advise what else might be the problem or how do I troubleshoot it?

Thanks a lot. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.