Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ibbbu-1975
Frequent Visitor

Unable to Export Data with Current Layout

Tried to export a matrix visual data to Excel using the "Current data layout" option but as you can see it is greyed out.  I have tried the following options with same results:

• Create entirely new report from scratch.
  • Reduce Matrix to only 1 column group, as opposed to 3.
  • Change visual from Matrix to table
  • Change data source from Live Connected an SSAS tabular model to an import SQL server.

So I'm dumbfounded as to why after all the changes I still am unable to export the data in its current layout.

Using on-premise PBIRS September 2022 version.

ibbbu1975_0-1665588961828.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ibbbu-1975 ,

Please check if your report has touch these known limitiations:

• For export from matrix visuals using Data with current layout, consider the following:

• Matrices with columns and/or values but no rows will be exported as having rows and/or values but no columns

• Matrices with only one row and/or values but no columns will be exported as table (no right border separator)

• If the Show on rows toggle is set to 'On' in Power BI Desktop for a table or matrix visual, the visual format would not be preserved when data is exported to Excel

• If the Row subtotals toggle is set to 'Off' in Power BI Desktop for a matrix visual, but the matrix visual has expanded and collapsed sections, exported data will contain subtotals for rows. To work around this issue, use the Expand | All command from the visual's context menu."

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for replying.  Unfortunately none of those seem to apply.  I even tried to export with just a table visual and I'm still seeing the Export Data with current layout feature greyed out still.  Honestly if I can just get this feature to work or just know it's a bug or a limitation with on-prem so I'm not wasting anymore time troubleshooting this.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.