Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBridge
Frequent Visitor

Sharing of XMLA endpoint with guest users

I am trying to connect XMLA endpoint by using guest account, but can't make a conncetion. I can connect when i use my organization credentials but same string which i also shared with guest users( have different domain) does not work. I get the following error. Can anyone help please

Cannot connect to powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/Test.

===================================

The specified Power BI workspace is not found. (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.ConnectionInfo.ResolveHTTPConnectionPropertiesForPaaSInfrastructure(Uri& dataSourceUri, Boolean acquireAADToken, Boolean returnCloudConnectionAuthenticationProperties, String& paasCoreServerName, CloudConnectionAuthenticationProperties& cloudConnectionAuthenticationProperties)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.OpenHttpConnection(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, Boolean& isSessionTokenNeeded)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.OpenConnection(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, Boolean& isSessionTokenNeeded)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.Connect(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, Boolean beginSession)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Connect(Boolean toIXMLA)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.IXmlaClientProviderEx.ConnectXmla()
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.ConnectToXMLA(Boolean createSession, Boolean isHTTP)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.Open()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlStudio.Explorer.ObjectExplorerService.ValidateConnection(UIConnectionInfo ci, IServerType server)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.ConnectionDlg.Connector.ConnectionThreadUser()

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@PowerBridge wrote:

So if these users are from another domain the /myorg/Test part of the endpoint will try and connect them to a workspace called Test in thier Power BI tennant. You would need to replace "myorg" with your domain name. I don't have guest users I can test this with, but i think if you login with a user like person1@mycompany.com then you can use and endpoint like the following 

powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/mycompany.com/Test

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@PowerBridge wrote:

So if these users are from another domain the /myorg/Test part of the endpoint will try and connect them to a workspace called Test in thier Power BI tennant. You would need to replace "myorg" with your domain name. I don't have guest users I can test this with, but i think if you login with a user like person1@mycompany.com then you can use and endpoint like the following 

powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/mycompany.com/Test

@d_gosbell Thank you so much. Solution was perfect and it saved my lots of time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.