Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EbyEaso
Helper III
Helper III

SharePoint: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (429). (429 TOO MANY REQUESTS)

Hello,

I have a report which has data source from Share Point Library. And have schedule refresh for 8 times a day. It was working fine from begining of this year since I created. But for last couple of days it gives me an error as shown below.

EbyEaso_0-1662435064569.png

Can someone help me to resolve this.

Thank You.

8 REPLIES 8
EbyEaso
Helper III
Helper III

EbyEaso_0-1662520118904.png

EbyEaso
Helper III
Helper III

This report is made out from Power BI. So you mean i neeed to give more intervals between each refresh? Currently I set 1 or 2 hrs between each refresh.

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EbyEaso ,

When the user sends too many requests within a given time or get throttled in SharePoint Online, maybe cause this error:

vhenrykmstf_0-1662514642083.png

workaround1:

It is recommended that you put all upload tasks in a console application and schedule the upload frequency within a certain interval of the code logic, which may help reduce the burden on the client and server machines.

workaround2:

advise you to stagger your jobs and to make sure that an appropriate interval is used so that one job can finish before the next one starts.

Here is the reference document link:Avoid getting throttled or blocked in SharePoint Online

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The sharepoint server tells you to slow down and send fewer requests, with bigger intervals between them/  Check if you have a rogue process somewhere that is bombarding the sharepoint server with requests.

@lbendlin 

This report is made out from Power BI. So you mean i neeed to give more intervals between each refresh? Currently I set 1 or 2 hrs between each refresh.

EbyEaso_0-1662615872965.png

Instead of scheduling it consider to trigger the refresh requests based on events.  As a matter of fact, Sharepoint based data sources are automatically refreshing the dataset "within the hour"  (allegedly, according to Microsoft).

Thank You @lbendlin for the comment. But to make that happen to trigger the events I would need Premium rite. Becz Our Share Point library updates every now and then, atleast more than 30+ events happening daily.

Also You mentioned "Sharepoint based data sources are automatically refreshing the dataset "within the hour"  (allegedly, according to Microsoft)."

But his wont refresh the report rite. Si still I see issue.

Reports don't get refreshed. Datasets get refreshed. If a dataset includes a data source on a SharePoint then any changes in that source are - allegedly - reflected in the dataset within the hour automatically. This is independent of any scheduled or API requests from your side.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.