Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JoelN
Helper I
Helper I

SharePoint Image to Paginated Report

Hi Everyone,

I need help showing my SharePoint images from my document library on Paginated Report.

1.  I added the document library to my Power BI and have a table showing ID and URL
(URL = websit URL+ ServerRelativeURL   |  Ex. https//sample.sharepoint/com/sites/TEST/Images/ABC.png).

2.  Secondly, I published the upated PBIX file to my premium workspace for Report Builder to read.

Goal: Creat an image subreport that is filtered based on ID parameter inside my main report showing the particular ID's image.

Note: Im struggling to show the image as the "image source" doesnt work. I read some people converted to Base64 and then split but I was struggling on the steps.

JoelN_0-1650919510098.png

Thank you for your assistance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JoelN ,

For the selection of image resources, if the image resources stored in the report server portal select external.

vhenrykmstf_0-1651137890390.png

vhenrykmstf_1-1651137909326.png

For images on any website (including report servers in SharePoint integration mode), type the full URL of the image in the "Use this image" box.

https://\<SharePointservername>/\<site>/Documents/images/image1.jpg

related document link:

Add an external image to a paginated report - Microsoft Report Builder & Power BI Report Builder | M...

Specifying paths to external items in a paginated report - Microsoft Report Builder & Power BI Repor...

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JoelN
Helper I
Helper I

I was able to solve my issue. As mentioned above SharePoint library cant be done. The fix was adding the images in Azure Data storage -> Create a SQL view and create a new dataset from the view created. It worked after that. Hope this helps others.

sauloverissimo

This solution does not work with images from a sharepoint image library. I need to make a report from the sharepoint list, but the report builder doesn't matter from there. Sharepoint URLs are restricted, even leaving them open to anyone with the link.

In this image square 1 external image from microsoft site.
image 2 external image from my sharepoint image library (open to anyone with the link)

sauloverissimo_0-1654358923112.png

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I agree with @v-henryk-mstf at 1:57 where you set the image source to Database it should be set to External

JoelN
Helper I
Helper I

@v-henryk-mstf Thank you for getting back to me. I think I need to give you a little more detail on the problem im trying to solve. I created a video and posted here https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c3heDVVYd5f.

You will see my logic from SPO to Power BI to Paginated Report. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Hey @d_gosbell I saw you have completed some great solutions in Report Builder. If you have a moment I'd love to hear if you think there is a solution to my issue. Thanks!
Video of issue: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c3heDVVYd5f.

Goal: Creat an image subreport that is filtered based on ID parameter inside my main report showing that particular ID's image stored on SharePoint document Library.

Joel

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JoelN ,

For the selection of image resources, if the image resources stored in the report server portal select external.

vhenrykmstf_0-1651137890390.png

vhenrykmstf_1-1651137909326.png

For images on any website (including report servers in SharePoint integration mode), type the full URL of the image in the "Use this image" box.

https://\<SharePointservername>/\<site>/Documents/images/image1.jpg

related document link:

Add an external image to a paginated report - Microsoft Report Builder & Power BI Report Builder | M...

Specifying paths to external items in a paginated report - Microsoft Report Builder & Power BI Repor...

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This does not work, when external is selected on the image source, the import button is greyed out. Which means the popup button to select the image doesnt work. 

Was wondering if there's any updates on this?

Import images to azure data storage - create sql mapping - add in sql table - create view and add in paginated report. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, not an option for me, as I am dealing with above 100 images, and source is delta lake.

This solution does not work with images from a sharepoint image library. I need to make a report from the sharepoint list, but the report builder doesn't matter from there. Sharepoint URLs are restricted, even leaving them open to anyone with the link.

In this image square 1 external image from microsoft site.
image 2 external image from my sharepoint image library (open to anyone with the link)

sauloverissimo_0-1654441531360.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.